Saturday, June 23, 2012

Crap OPS

OK... So my web host provider has been smoking cheerios!  First I couldn't get some custom email addresses to load.  No biggie.  Then they didn't get back to me with the engineer info I was looking for to fix the problem.  I am not looking for a lot of stuff here.  I just wanted to make sure that the email addy's I was putting in for the guys over at Zenith Comics were going through so that everything was in the green.

THAT'S WHEN THE PROBLEMS STARTED!

Whatever the first batch of techs did to fix my problem must have blown out all my security settings.  My private files on my server (secured with passwords and supposedly groovy types of technogook security) were suddenly showing up in regular old search engines.  Wouldn't be a problem if it was just some pictures of my wife naked... she might have a problem with that but I digress... a lot of my ongoing projects including stuff I am doing for HAZARD and Zenith comics were now coming up when some one typed in the right keywords.

This of course meant that some of the copyrighted files i had on there (as well as the project stuff) were now showing up as well.  UGH!

I just want to thank my friends down south (you know who you are) for cluing me in.  So sorry about this, guys...

In any case... It also led me to a site revamp and and some house cleaning on the site.  I have been assured that this is not going to happen again.  We'll see.

The cloud SUCKS!
Regards,
Walt

No comments: