Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kung fu is my muse.  When I throwing hands with the guys I bleed out all the stresses of the day and it allows me to think in a more focused fashion.  I have been working on several new things for HAZARD and things come smoothly if I am not bummed out by the impending holiday.

The down side to being in a service industry is that on a big holiday like the fourth, everything ramps up like crazy in order to stock the shelves so people can have what they need.  The rough side is that when the day off does come, we now have to pack 5 days worth of deliveries into four.

Enter Kung Fu.  When I punch and kick the crap out of folks, it allows all that tension to melt away.  This summer marks 32 years of kung fu.  The best part is that I am more excited about my training than I have ever been.  Although I don't do it for sport or for enlightenment ( i tend to gravitate toward realistic martial arts because of my other job in the Military) i have come to rely on it daily in order to clear my head.

Just goes to show you that therapists really don't have the market cornered, a good heavy bag and about twenty minutes of playtime is all you need to live stress free.

Regards,
Walt

No comments: